Once a class is full, you can sometimes add your name to the wait-list using Albert. If one of the students who is registered for the closed course drops it, the first person on the wait-list is automatically enrolled and all other students on the wait-list advance one position.
Important Points about wait-lists:
- Please note that if you have another class on your schedule that is in conflict with this class you will be passed over on the wait-list.
- To avoid being passed over please set up a Swap in Albert
- Additionally, you will not be notified via email if you are added from the wait-list you will need to check your schedule in Albert regularly to see if you are added from the wait-list.
- Bill payment does not impact your spot on a wait-list. Charges for classes will not appear on your Bursar account until you are officially enrolled in the class. At that time, you will have a week to pay for those class charges.
- Adding your name to a course wait-list does not guarantee enrollment.
After a certain period (see below) course waitlists are deactivated for the term. If you have not been able to enroll in your waitlisted course by the time the waitlists have been deactivated, it is no longer an option for the term and it will not appear on your schedule.
- Fall and spring waitlists are deactivated the last day of the second week of classes, (the last day Albert is available for registration for the term.
- Summer and J-term waitlists are deactivated the last day Albert is available for registration for the session.