1. Activate your NetID: Your NetID is your log-in and username information for all NYU-related things. Go to http://start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions.
2. Log-In to NYUHome and Albert: NYUHome is the central hub for online communication. Log-in using your NetID and newly created password. Once you’re in, visit the “Academics” tab and explore the Student Center where your schedule, classroom location, and grades will be displayed.
3. Accept/Decline your Admissions Offer: If you haven’t done so yet, log in to Albert, select “Applicants” and then “Application Status” to Accept or Decline your admissions offer.
4. Activate your NYU Email: 24 hours after accepting your admissions offer, log back in to NYUHome. On the main page, click the “E-mail” link, which should take you to your new NYU Gmail account. If you are having difficulty with this, please see the troubleshooting steps on our Critical Instructions page. It is NYU policy that all communications take place over NYU email, so check your email often.
5. Choose your classes: Detailed instructions on how to register can be found here.